I would like to sincerely thank charteblanche for nominating me for this blog award. I am really humbled, considering that I have been rather absent on this platform over the past month or so. And also thank you for brightening my day in such a gloomy and stressful period in my life.
Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
- I am an immensely guarded person. This is also the reason why I appear to be highly unapproachable, often deflecting intrusions with humour and sarcasm. Very few people actually know the real ‘me’.
- I do not subscribe to labels –and especially dislike the human disposition for binary categorisations. I believe in fluidity.
- One of my greatest character flaws is that I can be domineering when working in groups (that hold my interest), which I find to be off-putting myself.
- My self-concept is misaligned with reality. How I want to portray myself does not line up with how I am in actuality. Therein lies the greatest contradiction I call ‘myself’.
- I love travelling. I have been planning my travels, without worrying about money or my future. Honestly though, I feel that such experiences are far more important than future financial security. Now the problem is, I can’t seem to find a like-minded individual to go backpacking with.
- I like being alone, but I don’t fancy being lonely. I have been alone for a very long time, and that’s how I like it. But there is a very fine line between being alone and being lonely, which I seem to step on occasionally.
- “That which we manifest is before us.” –Garth Stein. While I do believe that we are products of our circumstances, I also believe in human agency.
I am supposed to nominate a few others for this award. But given my absenteeism, I think it would be rather unfair for me to do so.